Takoma Station, 6914 4th St NW, Washington, DC 20012
Although this was a weeknight, the end time seemed to be early enough for me to go without staying up late and I wanted to be there as Yannie is my favorite singer in GoGo.
Theos was the cover taker.
Alicia, onstage, introduced Levi Stephens.
Levi Stephens - 8:26 PM
Ken, Levi, Tyler, Jamal
Warren, Ken, Levi
The line up was: Levi Stephens (vocals & guitar), Ken (guitar), Tyler (bass), Warren (keyboard), Jamal Moore (drummer).
1) Levi-led Kanye West's Gold Digger - it had a light crank
Kimese of Vybe & Heaven Sent was there.
2) Levi-led Shining Star (an original) - it had a light crank
Dwayne Lee of Faces U Know and Heaven Sent was there. We had a long conversation. He said the drummer looks like Aaron Spears' brother. I said he was introduced as Jamal Moore and he said, "Yeah, that's him."
Levi asked, "How many L!ssen fans are here? How many Yannie fans?"
3) Levi-led Vibe'n - it had a light crank
4) Levi-led Sorry for the Pain - it had a light crank, Levi switched to an acoustic guitar
5) Levi-led Bill Withers' Use Me "keep on using me" - it had a light crank, Warren soloed
It ended at 8:51.
BJ of Da Mixx Band & Heaven Sent, Sharmba Mitchell, Nico (recording the set and taking pictures of Yannie's set), Yolanda (Brandywine), Kal-el of Faces U Know and Heaven Sent, and Rochelle (toosweet) were there.
Alicia again went onstage and introduced Yannie.
The line up was: Y'anna "Yannie" Crawley (vocals), Lakindra (backup vocals), Flo (backup vocals), Levi Stephens (guitar), Ross (bass & keyboard), Warren (keyboard), Jamal Moore (drummer), Delano "Peany" Bowden (congas, last song of the second set only).
Levi, Lakindra, Flo, Yannie, Ross, Jamal
Warren, Levi, Lakindra, Flo, Yannie, Ross
1) Yannie-led "here we go" - it had a light crank, Yannie started singing away from the stage and then walked to in front of the stage, where her mic stand was, Yannie kept saying "mic check"
2) Yannie-led "Let's go, you know you can" - it had a light crank
Yannie said that these songs are 6-7 years old. She said, "I write from the heart."
3) Yannie-led Out of My System - it had a light crank
Yannie said, "I try to put my songs in the order of a story."
4) Yannie-led Rich Girl - it had a light crank, the audience sang it, I filmed it
Yannie said of the next song, "I didn't want to make all my songs male bashing."
5) Yannie-led I'm Sorry - it had a light crank
It ended at 9:59.
Yannie said, "I don't consider you as fans, you're my family. This is the best band... Love"
1) Yannie-led "We can work it out" - it had a light crank
2) Yannie-led On My Mind - it had a light crank, Yannie said, "I've been longing for this day.", there was a lot of applause, I'm not sure if what she sang after the applause was part of this song or a new song
3) Yannie-led I'm In Love - it had a light crank
4) Yannie-led There's a Place Where You Can Go - it had a light crank
Yannie asked Peany to come up
5) Alternating Yannie-led Rufus' Ain't Nobody - it cranked, Peany played congas, the dance floor filled and Yannie went onstage / "Hey ay, Hey ay" / Kanye West's Gold Digger (tease)
Flo, Yannie, Ross, Jamal, Peany
All pictures (except flyer) taken by and Copyright - Jordan Rich
I really enjoyed it, I left just after the set ended, I did get home in time that I did not go to bed late.
You can see the pictures Nico took here.